Higher Education


If you are dyslexic and are considering Higher Education, you could be eligible for Disabled Students Allowance (DSA).

Indigo specialises in this area. If you are considering applying for DSA, please get in touch. 

Your eligibility depends on the medical evidence for your dyslexia. You may have been assessed as dyslexic at school by qualified Special Needs teaching staff. However, if you are now over 16 with no previous evidence, you will need a report from a qualified Educational Psychologist or Specialist Teacher.

Your claim for DSA is made through the relevant Funding body such as Student Finance England, and is designed to provide funding to the individual dyslexic to cover items with which to access course content, eg dyslexia-friendly software, a computer, or non-medical help such as a proofreader or mentor. 

You're funding body will usually refer you to a local Assessment Centre, which will identify your needs and make recommendations to help you complete your studies. 

We recommend that you discuss your DSA application with the Student Support Centre or equivalent at your college/university. The Student Support Centre should have further information on the process and other sources of funding and support. 

More information on the DSA can be obtained from the official website. 


Back to About Dyslexia