How do I apply for Disabled Students Allowance?


What to do first

Apply for DSA using the relevant application form which can be found online at


What will I need?

You will need to provide evidence of your disability, such as a letter from your doctor or an appropriate specialist. If you have a specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia, you will need a diagnostic report from an Educational Psychologist or a Specialist Teacher.

Once your funding body has confirmed your eligibility, they will ask you to have DSA Study Needs Assessment in order to establish what support you are eligible for.